Living Yoga Immersion for Women: Yoga & Ayurveda in Daily Life
Do you love your yoga practice but want more support and inspiration on how to bring your yoga into your everyday life?
Are you curious about Ayurveda and ready to learn some practical tools to support your health and wellness?
Would you like to learn simple ways to help you align with natures rhythms so that you can access greater energy throughout the year?
The Living Yoga Immersion is a program that I have designed to support women in discovering how to bring the wisdom of Yoga & Ayurveda into their daily lives so that they can optimize their own health, as well as the health of their families or communities. This program is rooted in the concept of sadhana, or daily self care practices, that are simple to do and that will nourish you on all levels of your being. I believe that in order to truly live your yoga you must be able to weave it into the fabric of your everyday experience, and this program is where I share the tools and the practices that have allowed me to do that for myself, and which I have shared with many students over the years to support them in doing the same.
How Does It Work?
This 15-week program will be delivered through a series of pre-recorded lessons, all of which can be downloaded so you can review them at a later date, or watch at your own convenience. You will also be welcomed to join a private Facebook group where we can share in conversation throughout the program. Colorful and informative handouts are included with each lesson to support your learning.
Living Yoga Online Immersion Course Details
If you sign up for this program you will receive the following~
- 15 weekly lessons (all completely downloadable & yours to keep)
- access to an online forum to connect with a community of like minded women
- informative handouts to support your learning
- delicious recipes
- weekly meditation audios
- a 3 month membership to Yogo.TV to strengthen your home practice
Modules & Topics Covered
- Pancha Mahabhutas: learn about the qualities and manifestations of the five great elements of Earth, Water, Fire, Air & Space and understand how to recognize them in your own body and the world around you.
- Doshas: explore the concept of Dosha and gain a greater understanding of how the elements combine to create these forces of energy at play in your own body and mind.
- Subtle Doshas: the subtle doshas are the most refined aspects of the five elements, and by learning how to strengthen, nourish, and cultivate them in our lives we can experience true health and radiance.
- Dinacharya: in this lesson we will explore the ideal daily rhythms that will support us in maximizing our energy and strengthening our overall health
- Rtucharya: seasonal considerations are a key part of Ayurvedic lifestyle and in this lesson we will gain a greater understanding of the elements and qualities of each season so that we can make wise choices to nourish us through the wheel of the year
- Moon Rhythms: the moon exerts a subtle but powerful pull on our lives and in the lesson we will look at how to optimize our schedules by taking the moons waxing and waning into consideration, while also exploring the rhythm of the menstrual cycle and its effect on our minds and bodies throughout the month
- Understanding Asana: learn the basics of intelligent sequencing and gain understanding of the energetic qualities of specific posture types so that you can create customized home yoga practices
- Subtle Practices: in this lesson we will explore the potent practices of mantra, pranayama, and meditation. You will be introduced to a variety of meditation approaches, simple mantras and breathwork techniques that will empower you in new ways
- Philosophy of Practice: this class will introduce you to some of the fundamental philosophical teachings of the yoga traditions (Vedic, Classical & Tantric) and will emphasize the cultivation and clarification of your own aim (sankalpa) regarding practice
- Agni & Ama: here we will look more closely at the concept of digestion (agni) according to Ayurveda, as well as exploring the concept of Ama (digestive waste or toxins) so that you can strengthen your gut health, thereby supporting overall wellness
- The 6 Rasas: the Ayurvedic system recognizes six essential tastes or rasas, each of which is made up of a combination of the five elements and thereby exerting an influence on your digestive capacity and overall state of balance. Understanding the energetic qualities or tastes of foods will help you to make the right choices regarding which foods are best for your unique constitution on any given day
- Seasonal Cleansing: cleansing is a hot topic these days and in this class we will look at the concept of seasonal cleansing and explore different ways in which you might structure a cleanse so that it can provide a reset for your system without depleting you of essential nutrition or energy
Module 5: Kitchen Sadhana
- Spice Medicine: did you know you have powerful medicine sitting in your kitchen cupboard? This fun class will educate you on some of the most common kitchen spices and how they can be used to support digestion and empower your health
- Home Pharmacy: learn how to make simple and effective self care products, household cleaning agents and more! This class will inspire you to make a practice out of creating all that you need in your own kitchen and removing harmful chemical products from your household
- Cold & Flu Care: this lesson will help you to understand the difference between a colds and flus, while providing helpful self-care and recipe ideas to strengthen your immunity (and the health of your family) during the seasons when we are most likely to get sick
Once you sign up you will get a receipt and a welcome newsletter. If you do not get these immediately please check your Spam filters or ensure that you are using the same email address as may be attached to your Pay Pal account. Going forward you will get a new lesson every seven days for fifteen weeks. This means you will get over three months of learning for around $15 per week. You will also get a 3-month subscription to Yogo.TV, which you can activate as soon as you sign up. I have taught this course in some form or another for many years now and am now delighted to be able to offer it in the most convenient form. You can sign up at anytime and start as soon as you are ready!
“This course clarified a whole world of questions I had about Ayurveda. There were a lot of ‘ah-ha’ moments as I listened to the weekly audio files followed with inspiration abound. Natalie is very thorough and articulate in the way she presents material. Not once did I feel overwhelmed with information, although she shared an incredible amount of knowledge with us through this course! It’s astonishing how much stronger my immune system has become just by making seasonal food choices & how much pleasure I’m getting from the simple self care practices I’ve learned from Natalie and incorporated into my daily life. I feel radiantly healthy and whole and much more capable of “handling” what life throws my way!” ~ Meghan Brown
“I would highly recommend taking this course. It delivered far more than I imagined and has helped me to integrate so many positive changes into my life so seamlessly. Natalie shares a wealth of information and content in a style that is accessible to all whether new to these subjects or already practicing and teaching them. Thank you Natalie!” ~ Emma Turnbull
“This course offered more than I could have ever imagined. Information was presented in an interesting manner, application of ideas/strategies for self care are realistic and the format of the class allows for different learning styles (audio lecture, handouts and Facebook forum). One of the best courses I have ever taken. I will definitely be seeking out more courses taught by this incredibly wise, authentic and articulate woman. Thank you.” ~ Jacquie Wilson
“This course was amazing! Each week I felt more and more inspired to take my self care to the next level. Natalie is a great teacher, super knowledgable and supportive! Thank you.” ~ Jessica Perez
“This course is truly one of a kind. Natalie tailors each topic in such way, that students assimilate the content in a very practical way. As an international student whose english is her second language, I can say everything was clearly explained. The examples and ways to apply the content were simple and yet very informative. Through each topic you can perceive Natalie’s passion for Ayurveda. It truly inspires you! Thank you Natalie so much for all the effort and care you put into your course… it is like a big and healing hug!!” ~ Anna Viveros Milla
“I would recommend this to anyone who is interested in learning more about their own body. My biggest take away’s from this course were how intertwined we are with Nature, the importance of self care, and how we really can use food and simple practices to heal our body, mind and soul.” ~ Brenda Holmes
“As a new student to Ayurveda, I thoroughly enjoyed the information in this course. Natalie breaks down the course so it does not feel overwhelming, she actually makes the learning very supported, clear, understandable and fun. I have learned so many new ways to look after my own health & the health of my family. I view this course as a gift to yourself and your loved ones. This course has reignited the fire in me to truly take care of my body, mind & spirit.” ~ Amanda Pickett
“Natalie is a thoughtful and comprehensive teacher. She has a bounty of wisdom to share and it is obvious she takes great care in putting content together for her students as well as creating a supportive and private environment for students to share and learn. I was very impressed with the content of her Yoga For Life course. Thank you Natalie! “~ Claire Simmons
“This course inspired me to make real change in my life. Natalie explains the concepts of Ayurveda in a way that is easy to understand and to implement in your daily life, starting with very simple steps like eating meals at regular times and shifting your habits gradually over time. I have taken Ayurveda courses in the past and was left feeling that the changes were too extreme to incorporate into my life. The information and lifestyle changes in this course were very accessible and manageable for the average person. I am now getting more sleep and exercise and eating better thanks to this program.” ~ Kate Quinsey
“Natalie Rousseau’s Yoga For Life course challenged and engaged me throughout the weekly seminars. She provides a wealth of information in a captivating and clear manner while also blending it with her personal humour and insights. Her use of different technologies helps students stay connected with her and other classmates. You won’t be disappointed — Natalie Rousseau brings everything to the table and if you show up, there is more than you can imagine to gain. The largest thing that I will bring away from the course will be her demonstration that the largest changes in our lives are made through the use of continuous, small changes. I am thankful that I took this course, and would recommend it and plan to repeat it again.” ~Carey Rudisill
“At the age of 61, after struggling with arthritis and its companion, depression, for 36 years, I had been told over and over again that there was not much to be done. Take the pills and resign yourself to on-going, relentless joint damage! Arthritis is hereditary! Change your lifestyle was always the message: how to do that was never clear. Natalie has sequenced this mystery to unfold gently and most comprehensively, in this course. I have learned new insights and techniques to ensure I do not go gently into that night and live an enjoyable, fuller life. The prescription meds for pain and inflammation are now kept way at the back of the medicine cabinet!” ~Helene Levesque
“I often struggle with poor, slow digestion and just learning about what to eat and when to eat it has completely shifted how I feel. After just a few months, I feel more in tune with what my body needs as opposed to what it wants.” ~Alison Heard